DON’T PUSH ME AWAY FT. DYLAN & NATASHA SEREM

DON’T PUSH ME AWAY 


Summer of 1898
What’s the matter? Is there something I did wrong? You haven’t been acting the same, and I’m sorry to say, I don’t feel your love like I used to. Don’t tell me its okay, because I will not light another cigarette for you!

via GIPHY

Don’t push me away because you are my life,
Don’t push me away because I’m the closest thing to a wife,
The rocky road of a relationship is upon us,
We need to stay strong,
I chose you and indeed you stayed too long,
And I appreciate that, I got respect for you darling,

But of late, you’ve been pushing me away which got me all confused,
What is it that is causing you so much worry?
Is it the distance? The influence? Come on now, what’s your story?
I am loyal to you, well stated and well proven,
But here you are heating up like some oven,
I Don’t know why you are mad,
I Don’t know why you are sad,
Whatever it is I can’t fix it alone,
I need your help on this but I don’t like your tone,
Blaming, arguing, shouting, fighting and trash talking too,
At the end of the day you expect me to say “I love you too?”
Figure it out, why you are mad,
And at the end maybe I’ll stop being sad,

Good relations is all I want, I want it with you,
But of late, the cold shoulder you give is colder than morning dew,
I ask you, take care of my heart, my love,
Because I trust you with it,
You should trust me too,
Our love is but a fairy tale, get that right,
It can’t be happiness forever, that’s right,
Drop your attitude and talk to me,
Because I am just a soul that loves yours so much,
I hope this is just a nightmare and i'll wake up again and everything goes back to the way it was, or else I guess it’s my time to pack and go.

*She picks up her fruit basket and readies herself to the market, since it's a Market Day in Birmingham.She left all her problems at home, with a mark on her face,hoping those scars will one day fade by the love of the one that gave her.*  

via GIPHY

**Just like GTA, I switch a character, wonder where or who it lands on, Dylan sticks to the script, indeed he’s a good actor!**

 

via GIPHY


Spring of 1998
This is the 5th time we are arguing Margret, every single day it’s a war zone with you. I am tired of this.What’s the point? Why should I keep watering this flower? Don’t give me that pathetic attitude, you know what? I got some things I’d like to say myself!! So 
pick a pencil close

You're mingy
You're stingy
You're dingy
And the worst of it all is this vibe
This secret knife
That you keep hidden inside your own
Misdirected depiction of a life.
Of love?
Do you not want me anymore?
Do you not want 'us' anymore?
Because it's getting pretty hard to say, "I love you too"
When you've turned us
Into "me" and "you".
I texted every day
I gave you your space
It’s your way
It’s your day
It’s your say
But why does it feel like I'm cut out from it

Like "Christ look, I done it!"

via GIPHY



But what did I even do?
And I'm talking to my mirror
And I'm talking to you
All I did was be there
So tell me if I did that wrong
If you will even let me be aware
Of how long
This is going to last
You treat us like it's bureaucratic
You want to be aristocratic
And they say that good things come to those who wait
But you hate
Everything I stand for
But I wonder all the more
How something once so ecstatic
Became this weird tension
This weird static
Where you don't seem as interested as I do
And these days you flinch when you say, "I love you too"

I'm not done talking
Yet you walk away from me
If I'd have known I'd have started walking
And maybe then it would have been easy
But oh no, you want your time, your space
And I understand what you mean, to its very degree
But not when you can't look me in the face!

via GIPHY


It's an endless huddle
I swim in this muddy puddle
In which, time for kisses and cuddles
Is where I waddle
Harder gently on this saddle you left me on

It's a saddle because we're going somewhere
It's a gamble, if we're going anywhere
And as hopeless as it seems
I kind of wish that we'd go back to the way it used to, 
The way it was, because
I can't live without the one I'm supposed
To be with

There is no such thing as fate
But when I look at you,
And state the fact of the matter
I shutter
Because I cannot afford to lose
My plain and obtuse Infatuation with one another.
If you want more of my attention,
It's yours!
If you want more admiration, more infatuation!
It's yours!
But you have an option in twain
Either love me as I is, like this
Or cut the strings and kill the pain
Because the heart can by accommodate so much silence

And I DON'T NEED YOUR LOVE, I DON'T NEED MY PATIENCE!

I just need a break from the break you're giving me
I just need you to say that you don't love me
Then I'd be free
Then I'd be me.
Your friends I cope
Mine you'd resent
Yeah, this doomed overbearing hope
Feels less and less decent.

So here's the thing
I left a note on your dresser
And on it I've written everything
Admittedly, in person, would have sounded better
But I don't think you'd even care if it'd sting…..loving you is complicated.

Post Pandemic 2022
**Are tears of a woman fun to see? Sheldon comes home to his girlfriend. Smells like tobacco. His wife weeps. What’s the time? What time has Sheldon arrived home? **

Her wife goes like…

Don’t push me away, before we can make this right,
Don’t push me away because I need your arms tonight,
Started off with an introduction by friends, now you are where happiness begins and ends,

via GIPHY


I’ve never wanted to be a wife, but you said we could build a life,
Made me pinky promise to ride till the day that we die, was it ALL a lie?
Tell me darling, why can I feel you slipping, why the hell are you always sipping?
Is the alcohol my replacement, or is going to the club a way to find a replacement?
Spend time with your boys, I respect that, but at least let your girl know where you’re at,

via GIPHY


I want you, this, us, but you say I make too much of a fuss,
Maybe I should leave, find me a new Steve, hopefully he wears his heart on a sleeve,
I push these thoughts aside, remembering how long you’ve been by my side,
I don’t like to see you upset, depressed, stressed, sad we can’t fix it by getting undressed,
Remember we said we would never go to bed mad, when did things get so bad?
See, we can’t keep this up, so I’ll go to bed, hope and pray that tomorrow our love won’t be dead,

Because I love you, but I love me more, and I can’t stay if you think I’m a bore.
Young love? I guess not!

Wayne The Poet
If you enjoyed it, slap a Like below, leave a comment and have a great day!


For more of Natasha Serem's writings  click the Instagram button below!
For more of Dylan"s writing click the Wattpad button below!

Comments

  1. 5th POST ON THE ALBUM, GIVES AN IDEA OF HOW TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS HAVE EXISTED BEFORE AND EVEN CURRENTLY.IF YOU ENJOYED SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS, COMMENT AND GIVE IT A LIKE. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS BEEN CONSISTENT AND WELCOMING ANY NEW READERS. YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE ON THE LEFT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ANY POST. ENJOY YOUR DAY EVERYONE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really relate to this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant way to highlight the nature of the current relationships we have. A question to the writers: what do you think is the cause of all this happenings?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment