BLACK & WHITE (INTRO)

BLACK & WHITE
Disclaimer: The following poem contains strong language and depicts violence and substance abuse, reader's discretion is advised.
 

**Barely sober, Sheldon stares at the mirror for 15 minutes and He starts talking to himself**

via GIFER

I swear I’m the biggest hypocrite in 2018,

Talked about self-love, confidence but never did the thing,

But how can I blame you? You always

Think the world is against you,

But for sure that’s something which isn’t true,

Read a piece you wrote, titled “Abnormal”,

Reaped nothing but insults, that was quite uncalled for,

But did you really mean it?

Each and every word from the start, you chose forfeit,

You love money, pleasure and you love others,

You give so much and received so little, but you rather

Avoid others’ toes, that makes you irrelevant,

Where are the words you blatantly screamed?

But you failed to own up to it, it seemed,

Taking care of you is harder than it seems,

Negative talk, like you bask in sin,

I Pray for you day in, day out, you get to know who you really are,

But still you dwell in that shell, can’t even see the progress you made till this far,

But pathetic as it seems, you’ve learnt nothing,

Mocked by your demons, you always have them laughing,

Can’t take care of yourself, your mentality is blunt,

You make me sick, your favorite word is “can’t”,

But to be honest….

(Cracks the bathroom mirror with his wine bottle. Drunk as fuck, crying his ass off)

via GIFER

I don’t know what’s painful, the truth or the honesty,

Or the fact that you keep popping up constantly,

Where were you when I couldn’t handle myself?

Where were you, all the nights after twelve?

Watched me suffer amongst a toxic realm,

Of energy feeders, narcissists, a period of my life flooding with them,

Can’t you stand by me? Aren’t you me?

Black as me, tall as me, reluctant as me,

Come on you can’t be all perfect,

You chose to see me heal multiple times, yet you couldn't protect,

Mr. Tough guy, I see disappointment in your eyes,

Does everyone know you are full of lies?

You’re the bad guy, I’m the nice guy,

But where were you when I asked the question “why?”

The level of self-hate you bottle up, and put it out on me,

It’s such a shame!

*stares at his bloodied hand. The bottle and mirror wasn’t the only thing busted up.*  

via GIPHY

Fucking Hell! I hate the fact that I hate myself!

 Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the most fucked up of them all....


-Wayne The Poet-




To read the referenced piece titled "Abnormal" click the button below


If You enjoyed it, slap a Like below, leave a comment and have a great day!


Comments

  1. NOTE: Please feel free to use the like and dislike buttons...also encouraging everyone to comment. Constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ending really hit me. I love this

    ReplyDelete
  3. A moment to appreciate this masterpiece 🚀👏🏽

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gold✨ Very well versed✨🙌

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hidden meanings are so many... 2 versions of one's self in one body. The one side is the voice of reason, the sadist the one who always follows facts, doesn't prefer being nice to everyone. Then there's the good side it seems he's the one who has always taken over all through and in this heartless world, has found himself a victim in so many circumstances. It quite ironical the black side doesn't do anything yet is the first to criticize harshly which is a seed of self hate and self doubt....it goes on and on...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is quite an emotional one. Explicit content filled with bloodshed, agony. Good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment