MIDNIGHT GRAVEL FT. DYLAN

 MIDNIGHT GRAVEL



I don’t know if I should be referred to as toxic or just another brother being all salty,

But fuck it! I’ve been a push over for years,

Shhh!! listen, I got some tea for your ears,

Once upon a time I met this weaver of a kind,

Two replied text messages, I swear,

But really what are your intentions?

Claimed to be smooth, she's creative, I also loved her creation,

Pretty, brown skin, five foot something,

“What’s a pretty one like you doing in a place like this?”

But I swear she was acting,

Going a couple of days we could talk, but really it was a phase,

Blew me away, out of my mind, brain washed and kind of dazed,

But what was going on behind closed doors,

That Kept hiding under my nose,

But I get where you came from,

That was shallow of a move, but I couldn’t resist, call me Georg Simon Ohm,

Somewhat I was a push over, from start to stop,

Call me what you want now but my soul is on top,

Father forgive him for he has simped before you,

But I swear I have a loving heart ‘I hope your dreams come true”,

Reminiscing about the past, that I had with some kind of a nut job,

But an actor? TouchΓ©. Good job!

Feeling sorry for the main man, I hope he gets better and knows,

Not with one who acts when the story gets exposed,

Is that part of a scene? A Movie?

Sounds like “Inception” I suppose,

Funny thing I laughed about it, but I saw it coming,

Thought about asking her, "she’s so fast” why are you running?

Honesty is like a mine of gold,

Rare and limited, the idea is so hard to unfold,

A lie, to a lie to another lie, you need to be stopped,

Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m serving truths in drinks so grab a tot,

“Hold on Sheldon! so you mean to tell me, you were a side nigga without knowing you were a side nigga? And to add to that she ghosted you like nothing actually happened? Damn! Double……”

“Don’t you fucking say it?”

Marked a new environment in my life,

New people, new friends but nobody stayed till past five,

Walked around with Joe and Stevens,

But this day I had to do some errands,

Ever seen a hunter hunt then leaves his prey?

Goddamn, I still get PTSD till this day,

I can’t lie, maybe I fell in too deep,

Decisions governed by irrational behaviour,

That way I couldn’t sleep,

But why switch sides, I was literally at peace,

But lust and temptation is where the line was drawn, what a lovely piece!

Flashing forward…..sorry the story is too deep,

A romantic dinner for two was never actually a thing,

Sounds pathetic!

She knew what she was doing,

But to be fair it’s not really a sin, the lies were so many, you couldn’t help yourself,

My gut shouts, “I tried to warn you, but you still wanted to meet around twelve”

Did it happen though?

Did you cling though?

Where were her efforts though?

The Lonely moments though?

The bullshit entertaining though?

The nice person act though?

The manipulation and gas lighting though?

But I did it to myself amigo,

Two or three trials, I think so,

Remember the one far from you?

The double standards is where she had you,

But was it love or you were just trying to catch a nut?

Sometimes the dilemma always confuses me and I always think I'm hurt,
But really a nigga just trying to catch a nut!

But honesty is like a mine of Gold, precious and expensive

Lies is a nasty drug tasty and addictive,

But my lines are my gold that’s why I rhyme,

Talking about pathetic situations with a musical rhythm wish I was Brit so Atleast I'd grime,

If they find it offensive, with all due disrespect,

This is just the beginning, for I know what’s best.



**Forgive me for the times I couldn’t stand up for myself, the times I couldn’t pick myself up, the times dignity never made sense to me, the time self-worth was an ache to me…**



“That was really a sad story. But I have a story of my own. But one thing I learnt, is that asking a human being not to disappoint you is so much impossible than finding a fish in the desert. That's how life works, that’s how humanity works. We are engineered to disappoint.”

The midnight gravel is a beautiful one it is

First the like, the love, the dislike, and then the regret is all she is

And I lay awake in this bed, picking at the pieces

Wondering how in hell

I thought my attention could be swapped for kisses

And I whisper, "How stupid could you ever be?"

She doesn't love me

Not really

Not even if I spawned a million complements spontaneously.



But it's beautiful because, well, just marvel at the irony

Look at the hierarchy

And imagine how much I downgrade

Myself

To the point I begin to spectate

For her as if I didn't have sense of my own

As if my own heart were her home



But she never wanted to live here

And I couldn't see it while it was clear

The money, the attention

The obsession

I blame society,

For building this narrative that

I, the man

Didn't start

But must please the girl

Before I can have her heart.



Its simping 101 (one oh one)

Not 102, not 103

Let's not get too far

It's about me, me, and me

And I know it sounds a bit misguided

I mean people fall, but I glided

Straight in as she pulled me along

But why didn't she tell me I was wrong.



She isn't the perfect definition of love

She doesn't have what I have

The sheer need to be right this once

I mean we're still on simping number three

And I still can't score a chance.



It's getting pretty hard

Two times, three times in

I've started turning mad

And I don't want sex in the end

I don't want you to bend

For whatever need be

I just want the truth

Is she all about me, me, and me?

As I am about she, she, she



As I was out there rummaging from restaurants and after

She said,

"Babe get me some chicken breasts"

And I wanted her to open up

Turns out only thing she was opening were her legs.

And laughter.



I'm still awake by the way

She's still a fake by the way

But you loved her

I did, in theory

And in fact

And now you hate her?

I don't

I hate myself for accessory after the fact



So I guess this begs the question though

In all the dreams, wants and lies

What was the point of it all?

Of a lie after lie after lie

-Wayne The Poet-


Comments

  1. The conversation at the endπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯Both of you did great in thisπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment